Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Reset 2021

Wow.
What a year.
What a mess.
What chaos and loss and emotional distress.
Elections, pandemics, and zoom meetings... oh my!
Who isn't ready for 2020 to leave this earth?
Who isn't placing huge expectations on 2021 being a better, kinder, and healthier year?? 

And so... as I respond to all these in my own life, I have decided if I want 2021 to be different, then I have to do something different. So I am. 

I have had 11 joint surgeries (degenerative joint disease) in the past 7 years, making it difficult to work out regularly. In addition, I sit waaay too much for work. I live on a farm and love to garden, but it is not year-round. So rather than waiting for it to be easy or convenient to be physically active, I have decided that 2021 will be the year of commitment and change. I am planning on working out 3 days a week from here forward. 

For the past several years, I have been Bible Journaling. Most mornings I start the day with a scripture reading, an entry in my Gratitude Journal, and some form of artistic expression of the scripture I have just read. Sometimes that is scrapbooking, sometimes a drawing, a design with decorative tape, or using old greeting cards I have received from others. What I have been missing is reflecting on the Word. 

So I will be returning to my blog in 2021. My hope is to add a personal reflection several days a week. I'll start with the actual scripture reading, then an artist's rendering or photograph that reflects that portion of scripture, and then my reflection. Feel free to add your reflections in the comments. 


No one wants a redo of 2020. So let's move forward into 2021 together, not hoping it will be different, but making choices that will ensure a new and different year ahead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment